Tuesday, April 10, 2012

From the mouth's of babes

You never know what kids will say or do. Just make sure you know when you can laugh. Over the years I have bit my tongue so many times it should be Swiss cheese.
When I was subbing I had a kindergartener who came up and gave me a hug and asked me when my baby was due........I was only about 20 pounds over weight.....
When I was teaching kindergarten in my own classroom, we took the kids on weekly field trips. We played tapes for the kids to sing along to while we drove. One tape was the Chipmunks and the kids would start chanting for us to play the "Devil Song". I always wondered what the parents thought when their kids asked that. The song was the chipmunk version of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia.
I often laugh out loud when grading writing assignments. The things the kids will write, especially when they bring their personality to their writing, can make the tedious job of editing/scoring writing just a bit more fun.
There is humor in teaching. Sometimes it's a laugh out loud must share moment. Other times, it is a quiet moment of laughter to yourself. It keeps you going.

No comments:

Post a Comment